Shipley Center Trip News & Notes: October 2020
Welcome Autumn! My favorite time of year. I usually like to vacation in the fall. This year we headed down to California to see my mom in September. Taking a detour, we were able to avoid MOST of the smoke, and the fires. How sad to see so much devastation.
If you read the TRIPS article every month, you probably are aware of the two Collette Tours coming up in 2021. I would like to make sure you know it is NOT too late to sign up!
- In March, there is Southern Charm, traveling to South Carolina, Georgia and Jekyll Island, March 21 – 27, 2021. Let me know ASAP if you are interested. March, in the Olympic Peninsula is still a bit chilly, so this trip will warm you up, as the weather in that part of the country has already started to change.
- Shades of Ireland … April 17 – 26, 2021. WOW! A very popular trip, but if you want to go, there is still room. We have at least 16 so far. One person coming from as far as Missouri. If you have a friend or relative wanting to go with you, they can leave from the airport closest to where they live … they do not need to fly here first.
I hope some of you had a chance to get out for a local day trip last month! October’s weather should still be nice, so give it a try again!
Our bus drivers are anxious to take you on an adventure. We are still waiting to safely invite you aboard the Shipley Bus and will let you know as soon as that is possible. Please call me with suggestions and leave a message: 360.683-5883.
Last month a Book Club was mentioned in the Newsletter. If you might be interested, please give me a call (so far only two people). Unless restrictions are lifted soon, we would probably get together on ZOOM.
Oh, the places we’ll go!
TRIPS & TOURS: 2021
Shades of Ireland
Here is a summary of our trip:
- Overnight flight leaves Saturday, April 17
- Day 2: Tour begins! Enjoy Dublin!
- Day 3: Choice of St. Patrick’s Cathedral & historic Phoenix Park or walking tour of St. Stephen’s Green, Grafton St., and more.
- Day 4: Onto medieval splendor … Kilkenny on the River Nore. Walking tour of Ireland’s oldest city, Waterford.
- Day 5: Visit the Blarney Castle and Blarney Stone; then sail on some breathtaking lakes
- Day 6: Loop around the picturesque Ring of Kerry, then, a traditional sheepdog demonstration at a family farm
- Day 7: Tour of Killarney, then leisure time in the pretty village of Adare. On to Limerick, to see King John’s Castle.
- Day 8: Visit the Cliffs of Moher and a brief tour of Galway.
- Day 9: Tullamore and Kilbeggan: you will spend time in Ireland’s whiskey territory. You will visit a distillery and have a taste of the final product!
- Day 10: Kingscourt: your journey ends!
This Collette experience includes transportation to Seatac, round trip flight, 13 meals … and more! Rates could change after October 19!